Besides the content below, see also:
Community Histories; Government Information; Sexuality Resources; Statistical Sources
- Brotman, S.; Ryan, B.; Cormier, R. (2003). “The health and social service needs of gay and lesbian elders and their families in Canada.” The Gerontologist. 43(2) (2003): 192-202.
- Diversity Our Strength: LGBT Toolkit For Creating Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Culturally Competent Care at Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services. Toronto: Toronto Long-Term Care Home and Services, 2008.
- Lepischak, B. “Building community for Toronto’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and transgender youth [Supporting Our Youth].” Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services. 16(3/4) (2004): 81-98.
- LGTB Health Matters: An Education & Training Resource for Health and Social Service Sectors. (The Centre: A Community Centre Serving and Supporting Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual People and Their Allies – Vancouver, 2006)
- Mitchell Jan. Staying Well Together: Social Support and Well-being Among Lesbian Couples in Manitoba / J. Mitchell and Winnipeg Gay/Lesbian Resource Centre. Summary. Winnipeg, MB : Prairie Women’s Health Centre of Excellence, 2001.
- Maritime Transgender Workplace Solutions / Denise Holliday of MTWSP offers resources from the east coast of Canada.
- Mulé, N. “Social work and the provision of health care and social services to sexual minority populations.” Canadian Social Work. 1(1) (1999): 39-55. HV1.C34 (Paper only)
- Ontario Men’s Survey: Final Report / Ted Myers and Dan Allman. Toronto: Ontario Men’s Survey, 2004.
- Queer Methods and Methodologies [electronic resource] : Intersecting Queer Theories and Social Science Research / edited by Kath Browne, Catherine J. Nash. Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2010.
See chapters by Michael Connors Jackman and Catherine Nash.
- Saskatchewan Resources for Sexual Diversity [University of Saskatchewan: Saskatoon, 2004]
Gay / Lesbian Bibliographies and Guides
- No Margins: Writing Canadian Fiction in Lesbian PS8323.L47 N6 2006
- An Annotated Gay Bibliography (GenXCelt’s, 2008)
- Bibliography: Lesbian and Gay History, Politics and Culture (Blanche Wiesen Cook, Ken Sherrill, Alisa Solomon, )
- Bibliography of Gay and Lesbian History (Rictor Norton, [2004-])
See also No Margins: Writing Canadian Fiction in Lesbian PS8323.L47 N6 2006
- Country Information (International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, 2000-)
- Guide to Gay and Lesbian Resources in the University of Chicago Library (compiled by Frank Conaway, Sebastian Hierl, and Sem Sutter, 2002)
- Information Resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Queer Studies (University of California, Santa Barbara Library, 2009)
- International Encyclopedia of Sexuality (Canadian content, Web resource)
- People with a History: An Online Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* History (Paul Halsall, 1998)
- A Selected Bibliography of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns in Psychology: An Affirmative Perspective (American Psychological Association, 2002)
- SEXBiblio: Bibliography of the History of Western Sexuality Primary and secondary literature of the history of sexuality in Europe, the U.S. and Canada from 1700 to 2008.
- Studies on LGBTQ Language: A Partial Bibliography (Gregory Ward, 2006)
Gay / Lesbian Directories
Gay / Lesbian Electronic Magazines/Journals
- AlterHeros Magazine Montreal, QC: AlterHeros, 2002-
- Canadian Committee on the History of Sexuality Newsletter Vancouver: CCHS, 2004.
- Canadian Online Journal of Queer Studies in Education Toronto: OISE, 2004-
- GLAAD Media Releases Los Angeles, CA: Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, 2007-
- Outlooks (Calgary, online 2003-)
- OutWords Inc (formerly Swerve, Winnipeg, online 2002-)
- Perceptions Index for 1983-2004. Saskatoon, SK: Alex, Spence, 2006.
- Pride in Print (CAW / TCA Canada)
Gay / Lesbian Research Centres / Virtual Libraries
Gay / Lesbian Societies