Users may can move all of their references from RefWorks to Zotero using the steps below. This export does not move attachments.
- Export your references either all together, or one folder at a time.
- In your RefWorks database, navigate to References > All references OR If you are exporting one folder at a time, navigate to References > [Folder name] and repeat steps below for each folder.
- Click Create Bibliography
- In the Create Bibliography window, select All in List; choose Local Bibliographic Software (Endnote,..) as the output style; and select the TEXT file type. Press the Create Bibliography button.
- A new browser window will appear with all the references in your account (or all references from the folder you selected) formated in the RIS export format. Save the page as export.ris (or whatever you want to call it, but make sure to use the RIS extension).
- In Zotero navigate to File > Import and choose the saved .ris file
- Zotero will import each .ris file as a new folder, so if you are exporting one folder at a time, your folder structure will be maintained (though you may need to re-name your folder if the .ris file did not have the exact name of your old folder)