- The user accepts and assumes any and all financial responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence or misuse. Charges for missing parts will be levied. Suspension of borrowing privileges will also apply.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if the equipment is not returned or repeatedly returned late.
- A repair fee will be assessed and levied for damaged items or parts.
- Any equipment malfunctions or damages should be reported immediately to the staff.
- All Ryerson University currently enrolled students, both part-time and full-time, Faculty, Staff, and Continuing Education students with a valid library card may borrow the equipment. Users must also be in good standing with the Library, i.e. no outstanding fines or liabilities over $20.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff with a Ryerson OneCard will be asked to verify their identity with a piece of government-issued photo ID with their name and address, e.g., driver’s license, OR, a utility bill, e.g. phone bill, with their library card.
- Continuing Education students without a Ryerson OneCard will be asked to verify their identity with a piece of government-issued photo ID with their name and address, e.g., driver’s license, AND/OR a utility bill, e.g., phone bill, with their library card. In addition, proof of their student status will be required, e.g., fees statement, enrollment form.
Equipment Loan Agreement Form
First-time user will be required to read and sign a “DME Technology Equipment Lending Agreement Form”
The loan period is 24 hours (One day loan).
The equipment is available for loan on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eligible patron can borrow one item at a time.
Advance Bookings or holds are not available.
When the item is returned at the end of the loan period, the patron may renew the same item one time (maximum limit), if there are no one else requesting the item.
Overdue fine for each item is $10 per hour. Always check the receipt for due date/time. Please see the Summary Chart below for the replacement charge of each item. A processing fee of $10 will also be levied. The user assumes full financial responsibility. Borrowing privileges will also be suspended for late return. A repair fee will be charged for damaged items or parts. Any equipment malfunctions should be reported immediately to the staff.
SUMMARY CHART BY EQUIPMENT TYPE
|Equipment Type||Category||Loan Period||Replacement Charge Per Item|
|Arduino Microcontroller Kits
||Physical Computing||24 hours||$75|
||Audio Visual||24 hours||$780|
||Audio Visual||24 hours||$300|
||Audio Visual||24 hours||$450|
|Oculus Rift (DK1)
||Virtual Reality (VR)||24 hours||$325|
|Myo Arm Band
||Wearable Computing||24 hours||$250|
||Audio Visual||24 hours||$180|
|Ricoh Theta S.
||Virtual Reality (VR)||24 hours||$400|
The user is responsible for checking the receipt for due date/time and returning the item in person to DME on time during the Operating Hours of DME. They will be required to wait momentarily for staff to verify that the items have been returned intact and check in with the Library.