Creating course shells
- Go to my.ryerson.ca and sign in using your my.ryerson username and password.
- Find the section called Manage My Resources. Click on the link Courses and Organizations.
- Scroll down to the Courses and Organizations section and click Request and Manage Shell.
- Click the option to request a “D2L Course Shell”.On the ‘Request a D2L Shell’ form you can check the check box under Library eReserve to indicate that you want to use the service. For those who have used e-reserves before, please also check the second check box to inform the Library that you are re-using the same materials.
- If you have already made your course shell and did not check this box ask DMP firstname.lastname@example.org or DE email@example.com to add the Library to your D2L course(s).
Submitting course readings
NEW: Copyright Considerations
As of Dec. 31st, 2015 we are opting out of the Access Copyright licence that covers published works like books, magazines, newspapers and journals. Any material that is being used in E-Reserve that exceeds 10% or one chapter of a work and is not covered by a Library Licence will need to get permission cleared so that it can be made available to your students. We will do our best to clear permissions for the work but may not be able to do so in some cases, based on a variety of factors, including availability of a licence, class size and cost issues. Please note that permission often is not available for amounts that exceed 15%, especially if the work is a textbook. You may be asked to:
a) adjust the amount of a reading you can make legally available to your students or consider alternative readings
b) consider placing the book on Print Reserve or
c) send the readings that are over 10% or one chapter of a work to the Campus Store to be processed as a short course pack.
Thanks so much for your patience in this time of transition and please email firstname.lastname@example.org with copyright questions if they arise.
416-979-5000 x6653 or email@example.com