In adherence with Reopening Ontario, the Province of Ontario’s three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures, the Library will offer physically distanced and limited study space bookings to currently enrolled students. Public access is not permitted at this time.
Limited Student Study Space (including computers) is available. In order to maintain as safe an environment as possible, the number of study spaces have been reduced to provide 2 meters physical distance and to limit floor capacity. Accessible workstations are available.
Spaces are available for booking:
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ; Weekends, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
To book a computer or study seat, please make a booking on the Study Space Booking website. If you need staff assistance to make your booking, please email email@example.com or call us at 416-979-5055 and press option 2.
Once you have submitted the booking, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions indicating where and how to enter the Library building and the Library main entrance.
Students should remain in their designated space while in the Library. If you require print items that are not available electronically, please see Contactless Print Pick Up.
Remote Access to Computers & Software
During COVID-19, the University is providing remote access to computers in labs across campus. For more information and instructions on how to connect, check the COVID-19 Accessing CCS Labs Remotely section on the CCS website.
Health and safety measures in the Library
The health and safety of our patrons and Library staff is our highest priority. To make study spaces as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- You are required to complete a health screening prior to your arrival on campus each day.
- Everyone in the Library is required to wear a mask or face covering. If you do not have a mask, the Library will provide you with one at the Library entrance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at space entrances, and disinfectant wipe canisters are available near study space stations.
- Follow all directional and physical distancing markers, and signage.
- Traffic is one-way for Library stairwells as indicated on stairwell entrances.
- Elevators allow only one person at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Study spaces have been situated to ensure safe physical distancing and use of space. Do not move furniture or stations while in the Library.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available to wipe down spaces as needed.
- Custodial staff will be carrying out continuous cleaning during onsite open hours.
- Specified washrooms will be available for patron use.