Important notice: As of Monday, November 23, 2020, and in adherence with the Province of Ontario’s announcement to place Toronto in the grey “Lockdown” phase of its COVID-19 Response Framework for a minimum of 28 days to help halt or interrupt the transmission of COVID-19, the Library will be restricting study space bookings.
This decision is also in alignment with the University’s restriction on student study spaces during the lockdown period.
We encourage students to stay home and limit contact as outlined in the Province’s Framework.
If you are in need of a laptop or wifi hotspot loan to complete your work, please complete our request form. If you are in need of special or alternate arrangements and access to the Library onsite facilities is essential and critical to being able to successfully meet the mandatory requirements of your classes and their learning objectives, please complete the revised Study Space (Temporarily Restricted) form available in the Space Booking System. Please contact a Library staff member at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Study spaces are available to students who require access to a quiet, safe place to study. Beginning Tuesday, September 8 spaces will be available on the main floor of the Library.
Computer stations are available for booking in the Library’s Ronald D. Besse Information & Learning Commons, located on the main floor. The number of available stations has been reduced to adhere to physical distancing guidelines and to limit floor capacity in order to maintain as safe an environment as possible for students and Library staff.
Spaces are available for booking:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
To book a computer or study seat, please fill out the booking form. Once the form is submitted, you will receive a booking confirmation email with instructions indicating where and how to enter the Library building and Library main entrance.
There is currently no in-person access to collections. Students must remain in their designated space while in the Library. If you require print items that are not available electronically, please see Contactless Print Pick Up.
Also note that printing and photocopying are not available.
Remote Access to Computers & Software
While the University is closed during COVID-19, Ryerson is providing remote access to computers in labs across campus. For more information and instructions on how to connect, check the COVID-19 Accessing CCS Labs Remotely section on the CCS website.
Health and safety measures in the Library
The health and safety of our patrons and Library staff is our highest priority. To make study spaces as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- Everyone in the Library is required to wear a mask or face covering. If you do not have a mask, the Library will provide you with one at the Library entrance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at space entrances, and disinfectant wipe canisters are available near study space stations.
- Follow all directional and physical distancing markers, and signage.
- Traffic is one-way for Library stairwells as indicated on stairwell entrances.
- Elevators allow only one person at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Study spaces have been situated to ensure safe physical distancing and use of space. Do not move furniture or stations while in the Library.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available to wipe down spaces as needed.
- Custodial staff will be carrying out continuous cleaning during onsite open hours.
- Specified washrooms will be available for patron use.