Most library items, including overdues, may be renewed 3 times. Exceptions include reserves and media. See Loan Periods for the full list and details.
To renew items:
- Go to Your Library Account
- Login using either
- Your my ryerson username and password, or
- Your name and 13 digit OneCard barcode number
- Click the check boxes of the titles you wish to renew, and click “Renew Selected Items”, or
- Click “Renew All”
Successfully renewed items will get new due dates.
Items cannot be renewed if:
- You owe fines in excess of $20.00,
- The item has been renewed three times already, or
- The item has been requested by another borrower.
Self-Checkout machines are available on the 2nd and 6th floor of the library. You can check out or renew books yourself in a fast and secure way. To use the self-checkout stations, you must have a valid Ryerson OneCard/Library Card.
Note that if you have large fines, overdue books, or your full quota of books, you will be referred to the Circulation Desk. Certain items cannot be checked out at the machine, including:
- Items which have been requested by another user
- Laptops, reserve/reference materials
- Audio-visual materials
- Periodicals and maps
You can request a printed receipt after finishing a transaction; this will tell you when a book is due back or confirm that a book was returned. You may also check the due date or renew your books online.
The following video gives you detailed instructions on how to use the machines.
When the Library is closed, you can return books to the drop-in box outside the main Library entrance. This box is emptied each morning.