Ryerson Library is pleased to offer a Print Pickup Service for print books that are not available electronically. This service is open to Ryerson community members with an active OneCard during the Library’s open hours.
Library items that are not available at this time via this service include: Print Serials, Print Reserves, and print items for which an electronic alternative is available. Items that are available can be requested by clicking on the “Place a Hold” icon in the Library catalogue.
How to Request a Print Book for Pickup
- Find the print book(s) in the Ryerson Library Catalogue.
- Click the button.
- If you are not already logged in to your Library Account, you will be asked to do so using your my.ryerson account or OneCard information. Click Place A Hold.
Staff will confirm whether your hold request can be fulfilled. If available for Print Pickup, staff will retrieve materials and place them on our Hold shelf. You will be notified by email and asked to select a pickup date and time. To ensure everyone’s health and safety we strive to limit the number of people arriving at the same time by offering appointment slots.
Please note: You can request up to 10 items. It will take 3-4 days to process the requests.
Loan periods for books are 3 weeks (undergraduates); 4 weeks (staff) and 120 days (faculty & grad students). Four online renewals are available.
Print Pick-up Instructions
Ryerson Library Print Pickup Service is located at 350 Victoria Street (corner of Gould and Nelson Mandela Walkway).
To gain access to the Library building, patrons are required to wear a mask at all times, have their OneCard and their Health Screening Pass through the RyersonSafe App.
Enter through the Library building entrance at the lower ground level. Be sure to bring your OneCard to verify that you are an authorized Ryerson community member. As the pickup location is inside at the Library’s 2nd floor entrance, please wear a mask and remember to follow physical distancing signage to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Approach the Health Screening table at the Library’s 2nd floor entrance. Maintain a safe physical distance of two metres from the table. Bright tape on the floor will mark the required distance.
- Staff will request to see your Green Health Screening Pass in the RyersonSafe App and ask you to provide contact tracing information.
- Proceed to the Circulation Desk. Give the Library employee your last name and the last 4 digits of the 13 digit barcode located on your OneCard.
- Wait for the staff member to bring you your items and check them out.
- Collect your items.
- Leave the Library building following the directional signs provided.
- If you have any questions or need additional assistance to pick up your items, please contact us.
Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our highest priority. To make Print Pick-up as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures:
- You are required to complete a health screening prior to your arrival on campus each day. Proof of vaccination status is required for anyone coming to campus this fall.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- We require everyone using and providing this service to wear a mask.
- Physical distancing markers on the floor indicate the required two metre spacing between individuals.
- Foot traffic will be one-way only, with a dedicated pick-up line and a dedicated exit.
- Pick-ups will be scheduled in appointment slots to limit wait times and line-ups.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and following health and safety protocols.
For more information, see our Print Pickup FAQ.