Starting July 14, 2020, Ryerson Library is pleased to offer Contactless Print Pickup Service for print books that are not available electronically. This service is open to Ryerson community members with an active OneCard.
In person, Contactless Print Pickup is available: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Library items that are not available at this time via this service include: Print Serials, Print Reserves, and print items for which an electronic alternative is available. A service for digital scans of print articles and book chapters will be available on July 24, 2020.
How to Request a Print Book for Pickup
Requests for print books can be made starting July 9, 2020.
- Find the print book(s) in the Ryerson Library Catalogue.
- Click the button.
- If you are not already logged in to your Library Account, you will be asked to do so using your my.ryerson account or OneCard information. Click Place Hold.
Staff will check to see if your requested hold can be fulfilled. If the title(s) you have requested are available, staff will retrieve materials and check them out to your OneCard. Once items are ready, you will be notified by email and asked to select a pick-up date and time. To ensure everyone’s health and safety we strive to limit the number of people arriving at the same time by offering appointment slots.
Please note: You can request up to 10 items.
Loan periods for books are 3 weeks (undergraduates); 4 weeks (staff) and 120 days (faculty & grad students). Four online renewals are available.
The Print Pickup Service is located on the lower ground floor of the Library building at 350 Victoria Street (corner of Gould and Nelson Mandela Walkway). Be sure to bring your OneCard to verify you are an authorized Ryerson community member. As the pick-up location is inside please wear a mask and remember to follow physical distancing signage to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Press the intercom button buzzer located to the left of the doors.
- A Security staff member will respond to verify your appointment for pick-up.
- Display your OneCard to the camera. You may be asked other identifying questions to confirm you are a Ryerson Community member. Once your identity is confirmed, you will be able to enter the building. Listen for the ‘click’.
- Approach the contactless Print Pick-Up table. Maintain a safe physical distance of 2 metres from the table. Bright tape on the floor will mark the required distance.
- Tell the Library employee your last name and the last 4 digits of the 13 digit barcode number located on your OneCard.
- Wait for staff to bring your items. The Library employee will place your items on the table and step back 2 metres.
- Proceed to the Print Pick-up table. Collect your items, which will be packaged in a paper bag labelled with your name.
- Leave the Library building following the directional signs provided.
Please note that access to the Library building is for Contactless Print Pick-up only.
Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our highest priority. To make Print Pick-up as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the Print Pickup table.
- Everyone using and providing this service must wear a mask.
- 2 metre physical distancing markers will be used on the floor.
- Foot traffic will be one-way only, with a dedicated pick-up line and a dedicated exit.
- Pick-ups will be scheduled in appointment slots to limit wait times and line-ups.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and following health and safety protocols.
For more information, see our Contactless FAQ.