Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance
Ryerson Library is pleased to offer Contactless Print Pickup Service for print books that are not available electronically. This service is open to Ryerson community members with an active OneCard.
In person, Contactless Print Pickup is available: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 8 pm.
Library items that are not available at this time via this service include: Print Serials, Print Reserves, and print items for which an electronic alternative is available. Items that are available can be requested by clicking on the “Place a Hold” icon in the Library catalogue.
How to Request a Print Book for Pickup
- Find the print book(s) in the Ryerson Library Catalogue.
- Click the button.
- If you are not already logged in to your Library Account, you will be asked to do so using your my.ryerson account or OneCard information. Click Place A Hold.
Staff will confirm whether your hold request can be fulfilled. If available for Contactless Print Pickup, staff will retrieve materials and check them out to your OneCard. Items will be placed in a paper bag labelled: Last Name + Last 4 Digits of your OneCard 13 digit barcode number. Once items are ready, you will be notified by email and asked to select a pickup date and time. To ensure everyone’s health and safety we strive to limit the number of people arriving at the same time by offering appointment slots.
Please note: You can request up to 10 items. It will take 3-5 days to process the requests.
Loan periods for books are 3 weeks (undergraduates); 4 weeks (staff) and 120 days (faculty & grad students). Four online renewals are available.
Contactless Print Pick-up Instructions
Ryerson Library Print Pickup Service is located at 350 Victoria Street (corner of Gould and Nelson Mandela Walkway). Enter through the Library building entrance at the lower ground level. Be sure to bring your OneCard to verify that you are an authorized Ryerson community member. As the pickup location is inside at the Library’s 2nd floor entrance, please wear a mask and remember to follow physical distancing signage to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Press the intercom buzzer located left of the doors at the 350 Victoria Street entrance.
- A Ryerson Community Safety and Security staff member will respond so you can verify your appointment for pick-up.
- Display your OneCard to the camera. You may be asked other identifying questions to confirm you are a Ryerson Community member. Once your identity is confirmed, you will be able to enter the building. Listen for the ‘click’.
- Proceed upstairs to the Library’s entrance on the 2nd floor. Approach the contactless Print Pickup table. Maintain a safe physical distance of two metres from the table. Bright tape on the floor will mark the required distance.
- Give the Library employee your last name and the last 4 digits of the 13 digit barcode located on your OneCard.
- Wait for staff member to bring you your items. The Library employee will place your items on the table and step back two metres, as required.
- Proceed to the Print Pickup table to collect our items, which will be packaged in a paper bag labelled with your name.
- Leave the Library building following the directional signs provided. (Please note that those visiting for Contactless Print Pickup are not permitted to linger inside the building.)
If you have any questions or need additional assistance to pick up your items, please contact us.
Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our highest priority. To make Print Pick-up as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the Print Pickup table.
- We require everyone using and providing this service to wear a mask.
- Physical distancing markers on the floor indicate the required two metre spacing between individuals.
- Foot traffic will be one-way only, with a dedicated pick-up line and a dedicated exit.
- Pick-ups will be scheduled in appointment slots to limit wait times and line-ups.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and following health and safety protocols.
For more information, see our Contactless FAQ.