Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question.
Ryerson Library is pleased to offer in person Contactless Book Return. Contactless Book Return is open to Ryerson community members with an active OneCard.
In person, Contactless Book Return is available, by appointment, 7 days per week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Appointments may be booked using Google Calendar Appointment Slots. For an invitation, please email email@example.com
Only print books may be returned in our return bins. Other items are more susceptible to damage (laptops, wifi hotspots, etc.) For more information on how to return those items please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to return your books by coming to campus in person, please send them by mail.
Our address is:
Ryerson University Library
350 Victoria Street, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
Book Return Instructions
Contactless Book Return is located on the lower ground floor of the Library building at 350 Victoria Street (corner of Gould and Nelson Mandela Walkway). Be sure to bring your OneCard to verify that you are an authorized Ryerson community member. As the book return bins are inside, please wear a mask and remember to follow physical distancing signage to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Press the intercom button buzzer located to the left of the doors.
- A Security staff member will respond to verify your appointment for book return.
- Display your OneCard to the camera. You may be asked other identifying questions to confirm the purpose of your visit and that you are a Ryerson Community member. Once your identity is confirmed, you will be able to enter the building. Listen for the ‘click’.
- Approach the contactless return bins. One bin will be sealed for quarantine.
- Deposit your print books in the available bin with the open return slot at the top of the bin.
- Once your materials have been returned, you are required to leave the Library building immediately by following the directional signs provided.
Please note that this access to the Library building is for Contactless Book Return only.
Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our highest priority. To make Book Return as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures:
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the entrance.
- Everyone using this service must wear a mask.
- Book Returns will be scheduled in 15 minute appointment slots to limit the number of patrons on site.
- Patrons may not linger and are required to leave the building immediately following their book return.