Study spaces are available to students who require access to a quiet, safe place to study. Beginning Tuesday, September 8 spaces will be available in the Law Library Reading Room.
The number of available stations has been reduced to adhere to physical distancing guidelines and to limit floor capacity in order to maintain as safe an environment as possible for students and Library staff.
Spaces are available for booking:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Law Library Reading Room has 34 bookable seats as follows:
POD-484-01 – POD-484-03 are soft seats at a low coffee table
POD-484-04 – POD-484-15 are at powered carrels
POD-484-16 – POD-484-18 are at computer terminals
POD-484-19 – POD-484-34 are at tables with power available nearby
To book study space, please fill out the booking form. Once the form is submitted, you will receive a booking confirmation email with instructions indicating where and how to enter the Law Library building and Library main entrance.
Health and safety measures in the Library
The health and safety of our patrons and Library staff is our highest priority. To make study spaces as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- Everyone in the Library is required to wear a mask or face covering. If you do not have a mask, the Library will provide you with one at the Library entrance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at space entrances, and disinfectant wipe canisters are available near study space stations.
- Follow all directional and physical distancing markers, and signage.
- Traffic is one-way for Library stairwells as indicated on stairwell entrances.
- Elevators allow only one person at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Study spaces have been situated to ensure safe physical distancing and use of space. Do not move furniture or stations while in the Library.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available to wipe down spaces as needed.
- Custodial staff will be carrying out continuous cleaning during onsite open hours.
- Specified washrooms will be available for patron use.