In adherence with Reopening Ontario, the Province of Ontario’s three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures, the Library will continue to offer physically distanced and limited study space bookings.
Please complete the Study Space form available in the Space Booking System. If you are in need of a laptop or wifi hotspot loan to complete your work, please complete our request form. Please contact a Library staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
The health and safety of our patrons and Library staff is our highest priority. To make study spaces as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Library, in alignment with University policies, procedures and practices implemented the following new policy guidelines:
- All current students with a valid OneCard are eligible to book Library study spaces.
- Students should use their OneCard in order to confirm bookings and enable access to all Library study spaces.
- All students booking Library study spaces must complete, and comply with, current University health screening and Library attestation requirements.
Study Spaces Use
Available study spaces have been reduced to meet physical distancing guidelines (minimum 2 metres) and to reduce overall floor and building capacity in alignment with health and safety measures.
- Seats are available by appointment using the Library’s online booking system. Drop-ins are permitted but booking is recommended.
- All bookable study spaces are designated individual use only – this includes study rooms, table seats, carrels, as well as all computer seats, and soft seating.
- A designated seat will be assigned at booking and students are required to use only that designated seat.
- Furniture should not be moved or relocated.
Disinfectant wipes are available adjacent to all bookable study areas and students are encouraged to wipe down seats and work areas before and after their booking.
Study seats will be available to book during Library open hours as follows:
Library: 7 am to 11 pm – Monday to Friday; 10 am to 11pm – Weekend
Law Library: 8:30 am to 8:00 pm – Monday to Friday
A confirmation email with access instructions and health and safety guidelines will be provided with each booking.
Students may arrive any time during the booking period and may leave and return to their designated seat during the period of their booking by following the onsite instructions.
Upon arrival students will be provided with a study seat confirmation slip which identifies the location of their designated study space.
Confirmation slips should be visible at your study seat during your booking.
Everyone in the Library is required to wear a mask or face covering both while moving through the space and while seated in study areas as per the Ryerson University Face Mask Policy.
If you do not have a mask, the Library will provide you with one at the Library entrance.
Students should follow all directional and physical distancing markers, and signage.
- Traffic is one-way for Library stairwells as indicated on stairwell entrances.
- Traffic paths will be marked to help ensure safe physical distancing.
- Elevators allow only one person at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Specified washrooms will be available for patron use.
If you have questions regarding this policy or related guidelines, please email: email@example.com