Important notice: As of Monday, November 23, 2020, and in adherence with the Province of Ontario’s announcement to place Toronto in the grey “Lockdown” phase of its COVID-19 Response Framework for a minimum of 28 days to help halt or interrupt the transmission of COVID-19, the Library will be restricting study space bookings.
This decision is also in alignment with the University’s restriction on student study spaces during the lockdown period.
We encourage students to stay home and limit contact as outlined in the Province’s Framework.
If you are in need of a laptop or wifi hotspot loan to complete your work, please complete our request form. If you are in need of special or alternate arrangements and access to the Library onsite facilities is essential and critical to being able to successfully meet the mandatory requirements of your classes and their learning objectives, please complete the revised Study Space (Temporarily Restricted) form available in the Space Booking System. Please contact a Library staff member at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Limited Access – Fall 2020
The health and safety of our patrons and Library staff is our highest priority. To make study spaces as safe as possible, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Library, in alignment with University policies, procedures and practices implemented the following new policy guidelines:
- All current students with a valid Ryerson OneCard are eligible to book Library study spaces.
- Students should use their Ryerson OneCard in order to confirm bookings and enable access to all Library study spaces. If you do not have a OneCard, you will be asked identifying questions to confirm you are an enrolled student with an appointment in the Library.
- All students booking Library study spaces must complete, and comply with, the Informed Consent form provided as part of the online booking system.
Study Spaces Use
Available study spaces have been reduced to meet physical distancing guidelines (minimum 2 metres) and to reduce overall floor and building capacity in alignment with health and safety measures.
- All seats are available by booked appointment only using the Library’s online booking system. Drop-ins are not permitted.
- All bookable study spaces are designated individual use only – this includes study rooms, table seats, carrels, as well as all computer seats, and soft seating.
- A designated seat will be assigned at booking and students are required to use only that designated seat.
- Furniture should not be moved or relocated.
Disinfectant wipes are available adjacent to all bookable study areas and students are encouraged to wipe down seats and work areas before and after their booking.
Study seats will be available to book during Library open hours as follows:
Library: 8 am to 4 pm and 4:30 pm to 8 pm – Monday to Friday
Law Library: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm – Monday to Friday
A confirmation email with access instructions and health and safety guidelines will be provided with each booking.
Students may arrive any time during the booking period and may leave and return to their designated seat during the period of their booking by following the onsite instructions.
Upon arrival students will be provided with a study seat confirmation slip which identifies the location of their designated study space.
Confirmation slips should be visible at your study seat during your booking.
Everyone in the Library is required to wear a mask or face covering both while moving through the space and while seated in study areas as per the Ryerson University Face Mask Policy.
If you do not have a mask, the Library will provide you with one at the Library entrance.
Students should follow all directional and physical distancing markers, and signage.
- Traffic is one-way for Library stairwells as indicated on stairwell entrances.
- Traffic paths will be marked to help ensure safe physical distancing.
- Elevators allow only one person at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Specified washrooms will be available for patron use.
If you have questions regarding this policy or related guidelines, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org