This policy applies to the bookable group study rooms in the Library and the Student Learning Centre (SLC).
- To maximize access for all students needing quiet group study space, study rooms may be booked for a maximum of 2 hours per day and a maximum of 8 hours per week. Alternatively, a student may choose to make 2 individual bookings per day, however no combination of bookings can exceed a maximum of two consecutive hours. The Library reserves the right to cancel bookings in violation of this policy. Attempts to monopolize study rooms will be considered a breach of the Library Code of Conduct.
- Study rooms can only be booked by students currently enrolled in courses at Ryerson University; you may be asked to produce ID for inspection by Library staff or Security.
- Rooms must be booked online.
- Rooms may be booked up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Please note that staff/faculty/instructors are NOT eligible to book study rooms.
Study Room Use
- You must claim your room within the first 15 minutes of the booking, or your room may be taken by other eligible users.
- Study rooms are for group study only. A group consists of three or more people. Rooms cannot be booked for use by an individual.
- Study rooms are for quiet discussion; students using the rooms for purposes other that quiet study will be asked to leave.
- Study rooms should not replace classrooms. Faculty are advised to contact Timetabling at ext. 5354 to reserve classrooms for instruction.
The Study Room Booking module collects only the minimum amount of information from users necessary to book a room – this includes name and email address. This information is stored on a secure site, and will not be used for any other purpose.
Please direct any question or concern to firstname.lastname@example.org