WRDS Account Types & Access Instructions
WRDS Account Types
The following instructions will guide you in obtaining your WRDS account.
- Faculty accounts are available to all full-time faculty of member institutions.
- Visitor accounts apply to visiting faculty (non-permanent position). These accounts are subject to additional review by WRDS and may not be used after the visiting appointment ends.
- Research Assistant accounts apply to students currently doing active research under faculty supervision. These accounts require a faculty sponsor.
- Ph.D. accounts are offered to currently-registered doctoral students at member institutions.
- Class accounts can only be requested by standing faculty of member institutions and provide a means for Undergraduates and MBAs to use WRDS as part of a registered class or course project. Students registered to a class will share the account username and password. Class accounts are not permitted to access the NYSE TAQ database. These accounts do NOT include disk storage and they expire at the end of the semester.
- Masters accounts are available to all current full-time masters students of member institutions. Please note: Masters accounts will NOT have access to WRDS during the extended period between semesters.
RFA Faculty Only
- Step 1: Point your web browser to http://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu
- Step 2: Select the Register tab or link “Register for a WRDS Account.”
- Step 3: Complete the Account Request form. Make sure to select the correct Account type. If you have questions about which type to choose, please contact the appropriate library or departmental representative to check.
- Step 4: Once you submit an Account Request, an email will be sent to your Library Representative(s), Nazia Sheikh. After receiving approval, an account will be created and you will receive an e-mail message from WRDS with a special URL and instructions for setting the account password and logging into WRDS.
- Step 5: You may log into WRDS.
- Step 7: You may begin using your new account.
All other user accounts:
- You must contact your departmental chairs to approve your account before registering for an account. No account other than Faculty will be setup without departmental chair approval.
- Chairs: Please contact Nazia Sheikh with the following information for each account requested:
- Type of account:
- Expiration of status: