Open Education Week is a global event designed to raise awareness of free and open sharing in education and the benefits they bring to faculty, instructors and students.
The Library, in partnership with the Centre for Excellence in Learning & Teaching and The Chang School, is hosting two to showcase the Open Education work underway at the University.
Open Education Week events at the University
During Open Education Week , we highlight the work that’s being done at the University in support of open education. This includes the use of open educational practices and open pedagogy in the classroom, and the creation and adoption of open educational resources.
Join us for a series of lightning talks from faculty and instructors who have received grants from eCampusOntario or from the University to develop open educational resources.
March 7, 2022, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., the speakers will be:
- David Cramb, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Science
- Michael Dick, Contract Lecturer, Professional Communication at The Creative School
- Lester Hiraki, Instructor, The Chang School
- Jennifer Lapum, Associate Director, Quality Assurance and Professor, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
- Sally Wilson, Web Services Librarian, University Library
- Emma Wright, Manager, Global Learning and Engagement, Ryerson International
- Erin Ziegler, Assistant Professor, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
March 10, 2022, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., the speakers will be:
- Sam Andrey, Acting Executive Director & Andre Cote, Acting Director of Policy & Research, Ryerson Leadership Lab
- Kelly Dermody, E-Learning and Accessibility Services Librarian, University Library
- Anthony Francescucci, Associate Professor & Joanne McNeish, Assistant Professor, Ted Rogers School of Business Management
- Sarena Johnson, Liaison, Student Affairs, Aboriginal Student Services
- Michael Mueller, Contract Lecturer, School of Early Childhood Studies
- Megan Omstead, Program Coordinator, School of Nutrition
Open Education at Ryerson is supported by the University Library, the Centre for Excellence in Learning & Teaching, and the Chang School of Continuing Education.
Other Open Education week events across Canada:
March 7 to 11
With a full week of events, The University of Alberta, Centre for Teaching and Learning is celebrating Open Education Week (March 7 – 11, 2022) by hosting their second Open Education Symposium.
While the symposium sessions are oriented to post-secondary instructors, we invite everyone from the education community to participate—instructors, students, librarians, educational developers, instructional designers and more!
March 7 to 11
University of British Columbia, Vancouver Campus is hosting a full week of events with highlighted sessions on The 6R’s of Indigenous OER: Re-imagining OER to Honour Indigenous Knowledge and Sovereignty and Teaching with Care: An Introduction to Accessible Courses and Open Educational Resources.