With the start of final exams, the library is sure to be a busy place over the next couple of weeks. To keep stress to a minimum and to ensure that students have access to a study space that meets their needs, we ask that you be considerate of others while studying in the library. Here are a few tips:
1) Use the appropriate space for your study needs. If you need to chat with your classmates about your coursework, the quiet and silent floors may not be the best place to study. If you are unsure about how much noise is tolerated on each floor, refer to the image below.
2) While the library does allow food and drink in the library, try to avoid hot and odorous foods that may irritate allergies or be distracting to other users.
3) If you are not using a space, vacate it so that others may study there. It is inconsiderate to leave your things in a study space while you are taking lengthy breaks, having lunch, etc.
4) DO NOT leave your belongings unattended. We cannot stress this enough. The Library is not responsible for theft. Our security officers patrol the floors regularly, but they cannot be everywhere at once.
5) If you experience problems while studying and need to reach staff, contact us at the Reference Desk. If you are unable to come downstairs, call us at (416) 979 5055 (option 3) or use our chat service.
Good luck to all students on exams and end of term assignments!