Thanks to all who participated in our holiday quiz for 2010/11! Two lucky winners will receive emails notifying them of their prizes: Grand Prize $50 bookstore gift certificate for correctly identifying the famous faces OR a Second Prize $25 Starbucks gift card for guessing the Bonus Face correctly.
Want to see how you did on the quiz? Check out the answers below or on the 4th floor of the Library, in the Special Collections display cases (to see the accompanying portraits).
1. Marian Anderson, 1897-1993 Singer, performer, diplomat, trailblazer
“Marian Anderson Award: Marian Anderson Bio,” 2005.
2. Eugène Atget, 1857-1927 Actor, Photographer, Documentarian
“Eugene Atget / Biography & Images.” http://www.atgetphotography.com/The-Photographers/Eugene-Atget.html
3. Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865 President, Orator, Egalitarian
4. Audrey Hepburn, 1929-1993 Actress, Dancer, Humanitarian
5. Winston Spencer Churchill, 1874-1965 Prime Minister, Soldier, Strategist
6. Vladimir Ilʹich Lenin, 1870-1924 Rebel, Communist, Exigent Leader
7. Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926- Queen, Patron, Animal lover
8. Georgia O’Keeffe, 1887-1986 Painter, Model, Modernist
9. Mahátma Gándhí, 1869-1948 Spiritual Leader, Reformer, Pacifist
10. St. Nicholas, ?- 343 Bishop, Saint, Icon
BONUS: Cecile Farnum, Communications Librarian
Subject Liaison: Gerontology, Occupational and Public Health, Philosophy