Users may can move all of their references from RefWorks to Endnote Web using the steps below. This export does not move attachments.
- Export your references either all together, or one folder at a time.
- To export all references together, in your RefWorks database, navigate to References > All references; click Export
- Choose to export All in list; select RefWorks Tagged Format as the export format; click the Export References button
- A new window will open containing the references you will export. Use your browser File menu and select Save As. Save the file with a name you will recognize later, and make sure the file extension is .txt
- In Endnote Web go to the Collect tab and click Import References
- On the Import References screen, click on the Choose File button and select your saved .txt file
- Choose RefWorks Import as the Import Option (add it to your drop down list by clicking on Select Favorites and copying RefWorks Import from All to My Favorites
- Choose a group within the To drop down menu or create a new group. This is the location where your references will be stored in Endnote Web.
- Click Import