The following tools can be used to connect to Ryerson Library resources and services from other sites on the web.
Google and NetVibes Search Gadget
Get It Buttons in Google Scholar
Configure Google Scholar for use off-campus so that you can link to full text of articles for which the Ryerson Library has subscriptions. In order for Google Scholar to know that you are affiliated with Ryerson, you will need to configure your Google Scholar Preferences as follows:
- Go to Scholar Preferences
- Scroll down to the Library Links section; enter Ryerson in the search box
- Click in the box beside Ryerson University Get it! @ Ryerson
- Scroll down and click on the Save Preferences button
Once configured you will see Get It buttons and links to full text when you search Google Scholar.
Ryerson Library Catalogue Search
Add the Ryerson Library Catalogue as one of your options in the Search Bar in the upper-right corner of Firefox.
- A grey pop-box will appear with the question: Add the following search engine to the Search Bar? Click on Okay.
- Ryerson Library Catalogue will appear in the drop-down menu of the search box
The Library is starting to use QR codes to help users with cell phones to quickly transfer data to their mobile devices. QR codes in the catalogue will allow users to capture the title, location and call number of an item they wish to find. Watch for other QR codes in the Library. More about Library QR Codes.